Drink water to effortless weight loss
Water can help you lose weight by:
- Increasing calories you burn
- Increasing rate of fat breakdown
- Decreasing amount of calories taken for water swapped from soda or juice
A study tested out the effect of drinking water on weight loss along with a diet.
Subjects drank more than 1 liter of water per day (1 liter = 4.5 cups of water.) Results showed that over 12 months, drinking more than 1 liter per day of water was associated with significantly greater weight loss than diet alone. Water was associated with a decrease in body weight, waist circumference, and % body fat.
This wasn't just due to the reduction of calories from other beverages, because noncaloric drinks other than water were associated with 30% smaller effect than water, so drinking diet soda is not the same!
Over the 12 months of the study weight loss due to drinking water alone was 5 pounds. This might sound small but its reduction of 17,500 calories, without doing anything! By just drinking water!
How to drink more water
- Always have a pitcher of water at the table during meal times (I use Brita)
- Buy a reusable earth friendly aluminum water bottle and take it with you where ever you go so you always have water.
- Have a bottle of water by your bed
- If you always have water around you will drink more!
- check out this site it has cool ways to increase your water intake http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-More-Water-Every-Day
|Buy at: Walmart|