- Don't drink soda - In my previous post I shared with you how drinking soda causes an accumulation of fat in the stomach area. Read the post here.
- Eat foods high in fiber - Bloated stomach can be caused by extra foods in the colon. To speed up the transit and help with constipation eat foods high in soluble fiber. Foods high in soluble fiber include oatmeal, oat bran like bran flakes. Fruits such as prunes, oranges, apples, and pears. Beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and lentils. Find a quick recipe for brussels sprouts here.
- Eat foods high in potassium - Potassium is a diuretic that will help flush out extra fluids that you may retain and that may be bloating your stomach area. Foods high in potassium include Bananas, Potatoes,
- Avoid foods high in sodium - Sodium and Salt holds onto water so avoid salt and high sodium foods such as canned products or frozen dinners.
- Drink a lot of water - Increasing water intake is necessary when increasing eating more fiber.
- Include an ab workout in your schedule - such as sit-ups, crunches, plank, and bicycles. Get an ab workout here.
On this blog, The Nutrition Vault, you will find tons of health and wellness articles, if you want to lose weight read my previous post, weight loss 101 here.