New York Fashion Week Spring 2013 ready to wear revealed clothing full of cut outs, bare stomachs, mesh, and see-through clothing. Below are some of my favorite looks:
As Karl Lagerfeld put it "Fashion is the healthiest motivation for losing weight." So to be able to rock this trends I put together a health plan. Flat stomachs and toned thighs are key to pulling off these looks.
|from left to right: Cushnie Et Ochs, Alexander Wang, Alexander Wang|
|From left to right: Theyskens' Theory, Victoria Beckham, Helmut Lang|
- Unfortunately, we cannot lose weight is certain spots. So if you have weight to lose around your belly area you will have to drop the pounds and you will lose the weight everywhere. As i've said before, the point is not to drop a lot of weight fast, it's to lose the weight and keep it off! That's the biggest problem out there, people yo-yo in their weight because they do a ridiculous diet that is unrealistic to follow in the long term, and they gain all the weight back and more! In order to lose weight and keep it off for good you have to create a healthy life style and lose the weight slowly and steady. You should lose 1-2 pounds per week, by creating a life style. No it's not a magic pill but trust me this works!
- Read my previous post here on how to lose weight.
- I highly recommend following a food contract. Read my previous post about the food contract here.
- Flat belly diet - Previously I wrote about foods to eat to get a flat belly. They include avoiding soda, a diet high in potassium, low in sodium, and high in fiber. Read the post about the flat belly diet here.
Ab workout here
- Concentrate your workouts on your abs, back, and thighs. Since I am a dietitian and not a personal trainer I provided links for workouts that are effective and easy.
- Here is a workout for your belly that includes no sit ups. It is only 8 minutes long and targets all zones of your abs. Schedule 10 minutes a day in your calendar for a workout this week!
- Here is thigh workouts from fitness magazine. It includes 10 workouts for your thighs, learn these exercises and start doing them every other day for 10 minutes a day.
- Download a check-off chart here to help you stay on track.
download this here
So get up and do something towards your health today!!